For systemic use (oral and IV):
- Infections caused by Herpes Simplex virus types 1 and 2 and Varicella Zoster
- Prevention of infections caused by viruses Herpes Simplex and Varicella Zoster (including in patients with low immunity)
- In combined therapy with the pronounced immunodeficiency (including in the clinical picture of HIV infection) and in patients undergoing marrow transplantation, prevention of cytomegalovirus infection after marrow transplantation
- For topical use in ophthalmology: keratitis and other eye damage caused by Herpes Simplex virus
- For external use: infections of the skin caused by Herpes Simplex virus and Varicella Zoster like Herpes Simplex of the skin and mucous membranes, genital herpes (primary and recurrent) localized zoster (support therapy)
Dosage and administration:
For oral usage for adults and children older than 2 years - 200-400 mg of 3-5 times / day, if necessary - to 20 mg / kg (up to 800 mg per dose) 4 times / day. For children under 2 years are used in doses equal to half the adult dose. Duration of treatment - 5-10 days. In renal insufficiency is recommended correction dosing regimen.
IV in adults and children over 12 years - 5-10 mg / kg, the interval between infusions - 8 hours.
Children under the age of 3 months to 12 years - 250-500 mg / m2
body surface, the interval between infusions - 8 hours, for infants dose is 10 mg / kg, the interval between infusions - 8 hours. In renal insufficiency must be corrected dosing regimen. Locally and externally applied 5 times / 24 h. Dose and duration of treatment depends on the testimony and the use of dosage form. Maximum dose for adults for IV usage is 30 mg / kg / 24 h.
Viroclear side effects:
- For oral usage: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, skin rash, headache, dizziness, fatigue, reduced concentration, hallucinations, drowsiness or insomnia, fever, rarely - hair loss, a transient increase in blood concentrations of bilirubin, urea, creatinine, liver enzymes, lymphocytopenia, eritropenia, leukopenia
- For IV Usage: acute renal failure, crystalluria, encephalopathy (confusion, hallucinations, agitation, tremors, convulsions, psychosis, drowsiness, coma), phlebitis, or inflammation at the injection site, nausea, vomiting
- For topically usage: a burning sensation in the application area, superficial punctate keratitis, blepharitis, conjunctivitis
- Viroclear For external usage: in the application area may be a burning sensation, skin rash, itching, peeling, erythema, dry skin in contact with mucous membranes - inflammation